Product Liability covers consumer and industrial/manufacturing products, including:
- Products that have malfunctioned.
- Products that have caused injuries because of poor instructions or lack of warnings.
- Items that are so dangerous that no matter how well designed and labeled, they will eventually cause an injury.
- Tainted food products.
- Poorly labeled consumer merchandise.
Product liability cases arise from a variety of faulty or dangerous items, including:
- Poorly designed or malfunctioning industrial equipment or tools.
- Dangerously manufactured or designed children’s toys, clothing, or equipment, froms toys with lead paint and flamable clothing to cribs and window blinds with strangulation hazards.
- Defective automobile or truck parts.
- Dangerous over-the-counter or prescription medication.
- Contaminated, poorly designed, or dangerous surgical or medical equipment, including from stents and implants to hospital beds and IVs.
Sometimes these products are recalled; other times, a serious injury or wrongful death is the first warning that a product has a dangerous flaw.
For best results, Contact STYKA & STYKA, LLC, immediately after any injury or illness that you believe is due to a defective or dangerous product.
Defending Your Rights to Ensure Your Future
When a catastraphic accident results in a serious injury or wrongful death, insurance companies know that they are about lose a significant amount of money. Often, they will try to minimize their cost by offering the family an inadequate settlement. If the settlement is rejected, they will send in their best defense attorneys to try to limit financial damages in court.
We are here to defend your rights and ensure the insurance company lawyers do not take advantage of you. As a seasoned negotiator and a skilled litigator, Senior Partner Sylvia Styka works diligently to obtain maximum compensation for:
- Lost income
- Future lost income
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
- Medical bills